Whether you are looking for regular instruction, help with a specific problem or a polish-up to prepare for a competition, Sophie can help.
Sophie is a professional freelance riding instructor & will travel to your yard to train you on your own horse or pony. Alternatively you can use the arena at Sophie’s base just south of Bradford on Avon.
Sophie is willing to ride your horse (& larger ponies) if required, either as part of their training, to help progress their work or to help show the rider a new exercise.
Sophie is available to compete selected horses & schooling options are also offered if you are unable to ride your own horse.
As a guide to Sophie’s specialities, the majority of her work falls into three main categories shown below. However, please feel free to contact Sophie to discuss your requirements if they don’t appear on the list.
These lists are just a guide to services offered:
Dressage Training for All Ages & Abilities
- Dressage training tailored to the individual needs & goals of the horse & rider combination.
- All ages & levels catered for from walk & trot to Grand Prix.
- Improving the basic schooling in jump horses or helping the balance & understanding in hunters/hacks.
- Schooling livery & competing services also offered.
- Dressage to music floorplans created & help given with music selection.
Nervous or Inexperienced Horses &/or Riders
- A quiet & patient approach allowing riders to understand why horses behave as they do & how to progress their training.
- Ideal for new horse owners, riders who have lost their nerve or riders who simply want to learn something new.
- Equally it is suited to young horses, whether you need help backing or developing the work of your young horse or pony.
- Half hour sessions are also available.
General Riding/Pony Club & Riding Club Coaching
- Tuition in all competative ridden disciplines from TREC to BE Novice & BS Newcomer level.
- Preparation for BHS, PC or RC exams.
- Ridden lessons on the lunge or learn how to lunge/improve your lungeing technique.
- Advice on stable management, horse care, saddlery/bitting, nutrition & fittening work for you & your horse.
… Or just for fun!